Since I am 21, most of my guy friends have already served a mission which is great news for me because they have all the advice in the world to give me. Here are a few of my favorites and the ones I can remember:
- Work hard. If you can work hard then you will be successful.
- Don’t be afraid to be blunt and bold with the people you teach about the gospel.
- Express your feelings as much as you can to your companions.
- Pray every single day to love the people you serve.
- It’s all about service and charity. Think constantly about what you can do to serve the Filipino people.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Be teachable.
- Teach simply and by the spirit. Make sure that your investigators can understand what you’re teaching.
- Be the most humble and selfless person you have ever been.
- Don’t think about how much longer you have until you go home; live in the moment.
- Be grateful and happy. Appreciate and find joy in everything, especially the hard things and times.
I appreciate all the advice everyone has given me!